Inspiron 15R touchscreen not working

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 15R touchscreen not working

This question is not answered

I bought this computer earlier this year and up until last week my touch screen was working fine.  The laptop has been sitting on my desk for several weeks and has not moved.  Did I maybe hit a button or click on something that turned the touchscreen off or is there a greater problem lurking?

All Replies
  • Hi JTMoney1773,

I would suggest you to run a hardware diagnostics on the touch screen. Please click on the link below

http://dell.to/17HifzY

Under ‘Choose a Diagnostic Type’ select ‘Component’, from the  listed components under ‘Make a Selection’  select ‘Touch Screen’ and then click on ‘Run Diagnostics’. Follow on screen instruction to run the test and reply to this post with the status to assist you further.

Also let me know the complete system model number.

Let us know about the progress.

Thanks and regards,
    Senthil S
    #iworkfordell.
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

• Component is not a selection under Hardware diagnostic test but Touch Screen is.  When I click on it and run the test it says "A diagnostic category was specified and the applicable device does not exist."

• Hi JTMoney1773,

Please update the BIOS using the link below.

http://dell.to/10j0xQQ

In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and click on submit, under the BIOS category select the latest BIOS and download it.

Please connect the Ac Adapter while updating the BIOS and do not use the system until it restarts after the update.

I also request you to uninstall the touch screen driver.  Click on start, type Device Manager in the search box and click on Device Manager Folder. In device manager expand the human interface device Right click on the Touch screen, if it is listed and uninstall the same. In case the touch screen driver is not listed under the human interface device check under the other devices. After uninstalling, restart the system, touch screen driver will be automatically installed.

In case this does not resolve the issue, please send me the system service tag or express service code through a private chat, so that I can help you further.

Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details.

Thanks and regards,
    Senthil S
    #iworkfordell.
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

• Hi

I have the same problem and done the above exercise several times with assistance from Dell Chat. Each time I have to spend hours.

The worst thing it works only for few hours and again goes bust.

1. What should I do to solve this problem permanently ?

2. Can I return this PC ? I bought it only last July ?