Forums

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

dell e4310 integrated webcam

This question has suggested answer(s)

Please help me !!

my   integrated webcam doesn't work in my computer !! and not detected :'(

I have  dell e4310  ! windows 7 sp1 !

All Replies
  • Hi Theniceman,

Welcome to the Dell Community,

Thank you for posting on Dell Community Forum, extremely to sorry to hear that the webcam on your dell computer is not working. We at dell are here to serve you, please read and follow the below mentioned steps which will fix the webcam issue on your computer.

Below is the link for any webcam issues on any computer.

This driver is applicable for all the computers provided if the webcam is integrated one. This driver/software doesn’t apply for USB webcams or any External Webcams.

For XP/Vista/Win 7 Machines:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?releaseid=R230103&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=331268

Installation Steps:

First Save the file on Desktop and then follow the below instructions:

1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1_ R230103.exe.
    2. The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
    3. Unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R230103. Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
    4. The Self-Extractor window appears.
    5. Click OK.
    6. After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
    7. Window is still open, close it.
    8. Click the Start button and then click Run.
    9. Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R230103 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
    10. Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

Please reply to the post if you have any further queries.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Aryan_V

Dell Social Media Responder

https://twitter.com/DellCares

http://www.facebook.com/Dell

• theniceman,

PLEASE READ AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT I ASKED, BELOW.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I did all the steps and methods!

but nothing worked with my Dell Latitude E4310! : (

• Can you give me the Driver of webcam  !!

Dell Latitude E4310  !!  WINDOWS 7  PLEASE ! PLEASE ! PLEASE :'(

• theniceman,

Download the Creative Labs E2 Integrated Webcam drivers and save them to your desktop. Install the driver is the XP SP3 Compatibility mode

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• He isn't work with this Compatibility mode !! :(

i think i must have a driver of windows 7 ! only  !!

help me !! please :: please  !! please

• theniceman

Windows 7 is supposed to rpovind the drivers for the webcam except a few XPS models.

Try creating a new unrestricted user account. When you log in, then try the webcam and see if it works. If it works, then log back in to your account and the webcam should work.

The Webcam Diagnostics usually tells me what answer to give, either create the account, if the webcam became detached or if the webcam failed. Unless the drivers were  not installed in the correct order. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I did all the steps and methods!

Again and again :'(

• do you have other solutions ??!

• Are you sure it has a built-in webcam? The E4310 models have their ambient light sensor exactly where a webcam would be. The ambient light sensor looks like a camera window, but isn't. A majority of the E4310s I have worked on do not have a webcam. If you have a webcam, you will have 2 little windows in the top/center of your LCD bezel rather than just one.

• theniceman,

kuroitenpi has brought a very good point. Go to Dell Warranty Status enter your service tag number, then click on original configuration. You can look there and see if the webcam is installed.

kuroitenpi, thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• theniceman

I did all the steps and methods!

Again and again :'(

Hi,

I reflashed the web cam firmware thinking this would help, using the Dell download. Believed later that this was to blame for not being able to install it. I installed windows 8 for fun and it showed up again, Great! Then lost it later again....

I found that I on occassion could use it. So, I started supecting this might be a glitch in a connector or simillar. I disconnect power and battery and then I open the display, unhooking the plastic bezel framing the LED screen, a bit tricky. Disconnected and reconnected the leads feeding the cam. No change, no connector glitch and leads looked fine.

The PCB located where the bezel's DeLL logo would be covering it was attached using doubled sided tape only.....no good! I detached the PCB gently prying the against the edges. Work around it until it gives little by little. Once loose I applied several layers (3) of domestic clear office tape and reattached the PCB using the original doublesidded tape still attached to the PCB.

It is alive! This did the trick and the webcam has been running everytime I needed it, reliable once again.

The are shortcuts in manufacturing and engineers have to be made aware of the limits of these shortcuts. Making sure these kinds of manufacturing flaws do not effect products life span and reliability.

Hope this help someone!

T

Meta tags: Dell integrated Web cam Webcam E2 creative Latitude E4310 4310 not found not installing no device Dell web cam central error

• Have a look....

T