XPS 15 L502x Webcam v. 2.00.46 (no audio when recording).

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

XPS 15 L502x Webcam v. 2.00.46 (no audio when recording).

This question is not answered

Hello,

I'm using an XPS 15 L502x, I've had the latest Dell Webcam Central updated for the past couple of months v. 2.00.46, I'm pretty sure when recording the audio used to work, but now it doesn't... I've tried all that I can think of to fix it... Any advice appreciated. Thanks

All Replies
  • bomber1978,

Your Dell L502x, what operating system is installed?

Is there just a certain program that you're using that the audio does not work?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hello,

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Audio seems to work with everything eg. online videos like You Tube, it also works with playing music files on my HD.

The only problem with audio it seems is when I "record" with the webcam and "playback" the video there is no audio.

I could be wrong that it used to record with audio but I'm 99% sure it used to....

• bomber1978,

Are you using Dell Webcam Central or another program?

Try downloading Windows 7 codecs and installing them. If the webcam videos are HD, Windows 7 codecs are needed for everything to work properly.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• Hi,

As I said in my oringal post it's Dell Webcam Central 2.00.46 (the latest update).

When you say download Windows 7 codecs is there a specific codec I need to download?, and how do I find it?

But that confuses me a little that I would need to do that, as I'm 99% sure the audio has previously worked...

Thanks

• bomber1978,

Try these Windows 7 codecs, just install the codecs, not the other programs if it asks.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I installed it but there is still no sound.... (PS - should I uninstall those codes I just installed?)

• bomber1978,

You'll need them for videos, so they'll be fine to keep.

Did you try the webcam driver?

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number. Under Input the webcam driver should be listed.

If that doesn't work, maybe try the Laptop Audio Forum, maybe they have a better idea.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Hello,

Yeah I've had the Quanta Webcam driver installed for months....

• bomber1978,

Open Dell Webcam Central, clcik on record videos, click on settings.

See the microphone near the bottom of the image?

Make sure the settings are correct.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Hey,

OK I have it working now by going into Hardware and Sound and enabling microphoe in "recording", but before I sound stupid for not trying that I should point out that it was one of the first things I tried (and tried a few times) 24 hours ago, I'm not sure why it didn't work for me then but did just now.... I know I tried it properly yesterday because that is one of the most obvious solutions to me, lucky I just tried again based on your suggestion! Thanks... Now I'm baffled as to why it didn't work yesterday, I did a system restore earlier tonight, I can only think that might have partially helped but I don't know really.... Thanks again....

• bomber1978,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back.

System restore is supposed to work for the operating system and most programs and settings. I find it's not always doing the other programs.

Rick

#DellRockStar