How do I adjust the contrast / tint on my inspiron 6000 notebook???

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

How do I adjust the contrast / tint on my inspiron 6000 notebook???

• Hello, I just purchased a new dell 6000 notebook.  I can adjust the brightness of the lcd display on the keyboard.  But how do I adjust the contrast and tint??    Even when I turn the brightness down the white background still hurts my eyes...  also due to me being slightly color blind when I view my email I cant tell which email is new and which email I read in my hotmail account.  On my dell desktop I can easily tell...
        Also there was suppose to be a on line manual with my notebook with a little E icon. There is none that I can find..  anyone have a clue what to do about that. Its not on the right hand lower corner bar.

Thanks  Joe
  • You can only adjust the brightness. You can download the electronic manuals from the Dell support site.
  • The Inspiron 9300 is very similar.  The key to doing this is through the video card drivers.

I have the nvidia drivers installed, if I right click on the desktop, within the menu there is a nvidia display properties (you can also reach here through control panel, display, settings, advance, Geforce 6800 tab)

In the color correction section, change the "Apply color changes to" = ALL, then adjust the GAMMA, Contrast, Brightness and so on.

ATi / Intel graphics chip should have something very similar. 

Good Luck,

Dom