Inspiron 2650 all keys locked can't type anything"HELP"

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 2650 all keys locked can't type anything"HELP"

• Tonight all keys locked on my laptop. Tried rebooting but after sign on screened appeared I could not type in my password. If you could help that would be great.

Thanks,

Mike G.

• If you keep on pressing F2 to enter the BIOS and nothing happens, then most likely it's a keyboard problem and should need to be replaced
  • Thanks Ya'll for your info. Hows this, right after I joined the forum I called Dell Tech. support and the Gal walked me through a few steps to correct this little problem. First Shut off Lap-Top. Second Pull out Batt. pack. Third Unplugg Lap-Top. Forth Hold down on power button for 20 secs. Fifth Plugg-in Lap-Top and Reboot. Six if keyboard works re-install Bat-Pack. She said that this proceedure drains out the extra power that gets built up and that I should perform this monthly. Let me know what ya"ll think.

Thanks,

Mike G.

• That's actually the 1st thing that is done when troubleshooting hardware issues. The purpose of that particular troubleshooting step is reseting the system and has proven to be very effective