Many errors on Dell XPS 13 9360! - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

Many errors on Dell XPS 13 9360!

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Many errors on Dell XPS 13 9360!

This question is not answered

Hi all,

I had just bought a Dell XPS 13 9360 from the local Dell Direct Store running Windows 10 (64-bit) a few months ago. 

Recently, it has been rather problematic, with occasional flickering screen and unexpected shutdown errors. For the flickering screen part, it seems it is a common problem for many Dell XPSes but solutions given did not solve my problem.

What I am more concerned about is the unexpected shutdown. 

Under Dell SupportAssist desktop app, application errors regarding DropboxOEM.exe are shown, as well as unexpected shutdown errors. When I entered BIOS from one-time boot menu, the shutdown error seems to be ASF2 Force Off. The computer passed all diagnostic tests and the problems lingered, strangely.

Here are the 2 recurring application errors taken from SupportAssist System Events:

Error #1

Error #2

Does anyone know how to fix these application errors, the ASF2 force off error, and possibly the flickering screen? Thanks in advance.

All Replies
  • Hi.

Welcome to our community.

We’ll surely try and assist you. We definitely understand your concern without having a fully functional system. An ‘ASF2 Force off’ error may cause due to several issues on the system. To isolate between hardware and software issues I would initially suggest running the systems pre-boot hardware diagnostics from the F12 menu. Please click on this link to find the video with the steps to run the diagnostics. If no issues are found in the initial scan you will be prompted to run Extended diagnostics, these tests will take around 30 minutes to complete but will thoroughly scan hardware for concerns.

If you find no errors after the test. We might have to update the BIOS drivers and check if the issue re-occurs. We’d appreciate if you can send us a screen shot of the system details. To access system details, please press the Windows key and then the letter R. Type MSINFO32 and hit enter to access the system details.

Also, share the following information through a private message, so that we can check for more details.

1. The service tag of the system.

2. Your email address.

3. The registered owner's name of this system.

Click here to find the video with the steps to find the service tag.

Thank you,
    Lijo Joshi
    Social Media and Community Professional
    Order Status
    Download Drivers