Dell Inspiron 7559 high Memory - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

Dell Inspiron 7559 high Memory

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron 7559 high Memory

• My 7559 laptop is still relatively new but I feel like ever since an update in June it's been acting strange. It froze for no reason and wouldn't shut off when I held the power button. I had to unplug it and let the battery die. When I restarted everything was fine so I ran McAfee got nothing and moved on.

That said, ever since it can't seem to handle sleep mode as well as it use too. I was able to leave it on for a few weeks at a time and now I feel like I have to turn it off daily or it's Memory goes up. It's also frozen once since the initial freeze but that time it actually let me hold the power to turn it off. 

I'm fairly certain I'm not the only one experiencing this. I think it's the update that caused it, but I don't really have any proof other than McAfee hasn't found anything. I've been keeping the task manager up to keep an eye out but the only things that are noticeable are System and Compressed memory and McAfee. Well those and Chrome but chrome's always been a hog. 

I can deal with it for now, but I'm hoping there will be an update or something to fix it. I'm really just posting to see if anyone else has experienced this or something similar. 

• There is no need to wait until the battery runs down to turn off a frozen laptop nowadays. Simply hold down the power button until it shuts off. It will take 30-40 seconds.

You can uninstall updates if you think there is a bad update. Open Settings, Update, Advanced Options, View update History, Uninstall updates. Not all updates can be uninstalled but some can. You should also check the Event Viewer for clues as to what might be hanging up the computer.

• Yeah, I know how to turn of a laptop. However it did not work that time. Even the people at best buy were baffled by it (which was admittedly pretty funny). I mean I even said I held down the power in my original comment. 

Thanks about the uninstall updates  though.