dell inspiron 15 r n5110 not switching on completely - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

dell inspiron 15 r n5110 not switching on completely

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

dell inspiron 15 r n5110 not switching on completely

This question has been answered by DELL-Senthil S

sir i have a dell inspiron n5110(15r) laptop. today morning i switched off the laptop and later in the afternoon when i was trying to switch it on it wont switch on only the top right LED would glow and then the screen wont turn on .the power and charging led are working but the processing led turns on for a second and it goes away.

sometimes the inspiron screen comes up during the start and the screen stuck there.my battery is fine,did flea charging 5-6 times removed and placed the RAM module a couple of times.please tell me the cause of the problem and its solution as soon as possible.thank you in advance.

Verified Answer
  • Hi iamanewguy,

I am sorry about the situation, press the FN + Power which will initiate the hardware diagnostics, if the diagnostics run Let us know if there is any error code listed.

Also try connecting an external monitor and check if the display works?

Thanks and regards,
    Senthil S
    #iworkfordell.
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

All Replies
  • Hi iamanewguy,

I am sorry about the situation, press the FN + Power which will initiate the hardware diagnostics, if the diagnostics run Let us know if there is any error code listed.

Also try connecting an external monitor and check if the display works?

Thanks and regards,
    Senthil S
    #iworkfordell.
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

• sir i followed your instruction and it showed error 7 which had something to do with my hard disk.

after my laptop switched on unknowingly by pressing the power switch on and off some time.

now the fact is that is my laptop is working just fine and i have run the full hardware test with the help of dell support software.this test showed some errors with the hard disk saying one of the sectors in not working properly and the error code written along with it is WHD20-WPG. This error came when it was running the target read test. Also after these incidents my 2 USB ports are not working at all.when i am connecting my cell phone to these ports my phone is charging which means power transfer is there but i cannot transfer any files.these USB ports are on the right side of my laptop.

please explain this behavior of my laptop.thank you in advance.

now its not having any issues with turning on of the laptop.

• Hi iamanewguy,

Please run the hardware diagnostics to check if the hardware is working as designed, press the Fn + power this will intitate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is any error code listed.

Since the usb ports are not working please uninstall the entire USB root hubs in device manager

Start > in search box type in device manager > under the universal serial bus controller> select the each and every USB root hub right click on it and click on uninstall. Restart the computer and check if the USB port works?

Thanks and regards,
    Senthil S
    #iworkfordell.

• Hi

i'm using the Dell 15R laptop and last night i was watching some video online,

Suddenly it froze and some sound came, sounded like some short circuit,

so i removed my charger cable and the lap just switched off by itself.

i tried turning on again but no response.

i even tried holding FN + Power button but it starts for a second and  the led's turn on and thats it. no other response.

battery is fine.

Please suggest some solution, i'm really afraid i have lost my laptop.

Please help.

Regards,

Raja