Inspirion 17r 5721 question about second drive and opening the notebook

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspirion 17r 5721 question about second drive and opening the notebook

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi, planning to buy tomorrow dell inspirion 17R 5721 model with i7 dual core cpu and 1080p panel I have 3 questions

1) notebook will come with no os, which win is compatible with this model 7 or 8?

2) does this laptop have space only for one hdd or have 2 bays and is the any trouble or special note when we want to swap tbe drives?

3) can we access the original drive from the bottom cover of the laptop or no? I saw some weird clip on you tube when guy is openning whole body of laptop in order to swap the drives.

Thx

All Replies
  • www.dell.com/.../pd

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-17r-5721

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - XP SP3 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• Hi vigorito,

Inspiron 17R 5721 is compatible with both Window 7 and Windows 8 x64.

The system comes with a single bay for 2.5 inch SATA HDD. I would suggest you to create restore media using ‘Dell Backup and Recovery’ before swapping the HDD.

You don’t have to disassemble the whole body to remove the HDD. It can be removed just by opening the bottom back door. For Owner’s Manual, you may refer to the link: http://bit.ly/13MxgNz.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• Great thx

• I forgot to ask is there a chance to buy from dell backlit keyboard and replace the original one???

• Hi vigorito,

The system is not shipped with the backlit keyboard and there is no option of installing backlit keyboard on the system. As a special port is required to connect the backlit keyboard with the motherboard.

Please feel free to reply for any further questions. I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• I just bought the 17R 5721 on the summer clearance and it came with the back-lit keyboard.