it connects to an other network with modem connected. does not find this wifi that other to computers find and connect with.
Do you get any error messages? Kindly attach the snapshot of the device manager.
Also follow the below steps to power cycle the modem and router.
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Switch off the modem followed by the router and also unplug their power cables.
3. Wait for 30 seconds.
4. Plug the power cords back into the modem and the router but don’t switch them on yet.
5. First turn on your modem and wait for it to initialize (let the lights become stable).
6. Then switch on the router and let the blinking lights stabilize.
7. Now turn on your computer or your gaming console connected to the network. You should now be able to access the Internet.
Thanks and RegardsHarish M#iworkfordell
hi harish m,
thanks for helping me. my wireless wifi is connected to a wirelessly transmitted broadband. it works as a wireless router for my home network. driven by a battery like many computers. huawei mobile wifi e589. i'm on my wits end trying to find out how to get it to detect my homenetwork and connect. i need to find fn-key and how to turn on network card. my tech-english is not always accurat translation from norwegian. what more can i tell. i keep seaching more knowledge.
Sorry about the delayed response.Fn+F2 is used to switch on/off the Wi-Fi on this model.
Hi Sir have a problem with regards to my Dell Inspiron N5040, i tried to do what you have instructed before its not working icant still connect on my wireless connection.
Network Controller - missing
Ethernet Controller -missing
Hope somebody can help me with this problem. thanks..
Please share the operating system installed on the system. The drivers are not installed for wireless card as well as the LAN card. Please share the ‘Hardware ID’ of both the devices. You may follow the steps below:
Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist you.
Thanks & RegardsAmogh G#iworkfordellTo know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.