Dell Studio 1555 Will Not Turn On

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Studio 1555 Will Not Turn On

This question is not answered

I have a Dell Studio 1555 that is 4 years old (so no warranty left). Recently it has had problems starting up whenever it went off. I would try draining the static power by holding down the power button with all power sources out of it, and eventually it would work. However, a few days ago it went off and will not start at all when i tried these methods. The adaptor is good, I also tried another adaptor. The battery is good (all 5 lights come on when i do the battery test on the back of it). It is something internal as it wont light up or click on, no fans, etc. Does anyone know what this could be, or what else I can try. I am not sure how to reset the laptop on the back. I just dont want something like that to cause file deletion either though. Thanks!

All Replies
  • Hi BPatel8,

I would like to know if there is any power light on the system when it is turned.  

I suspect the motherboard is faulty. However try running diagnostics on the system.  To run diagnostics shut the system down, press and hold the Fn key on the keyboard and press the power button.

Let me know the status of the results.

Thanks and Regards,
    DELL-Sujatha K
    Dell Social Media and Community Professional
    #iwork4Dell
    Order Status
    Download Drivers

• Hi Sujatha, I tried holding down the Fn key while pressing the power button and nothing happened. Blank screen, no lights, no sounds, etc.

• Hi BPatel8,

As already mentioned, I susepct the motherboard has gone bad and consider replacing it. Please contact the Out of warranty department to get the system serviced.   The number is 800-288-4410 if you are in US region, for UK region the number is 844-338-1000 , for India the number is 1-800-425-8045 and for Canada the number is 1-800-847-4096 .   In case you belong to a different region, let me know the region you belong to, to provide you the contact information.

Thanks and Regards,
    DELL-Sujatha K
    Dell Social Media and Community Professional
    #iwork4Dell
    Order Status
    Download Drivers