How to turn off webcam in windows 8

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

How to turn off webcam in windows 8

This question is not answered

I have a dell laptop working on windows 8. Now-a-days I see my webcam light switched on all the time and when i tried to use camera app it says ''The camera is currently in use by another app". So please help me to find that another app using my webcam.

All Replies
  • Hi phanee6786,

May I know the exact system model so that I can help you better?

Try to do a clean boot and check if the issue persists.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.
    • Type msconfig in the search box, and then tap or click msconfig.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the webcam application.

Uninstall: http://dell.to/1ahg5YX

Now, you may try installing the webcam application from My Dell Downloads.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".