Dell Inspiron 1464 Charging problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Inspiron 1464 Charging problem

This question is not answered

All,

I am facing a peculiar problem for my Dell 1464 laptop and its battery. When I plug in the AC Adapter , message shows " Plugged in; Charging". But actually its not charging. Currently my battery is at 3% and it remains as it is howmuch ever long you keep the AC adapter plugged in. I thought its the problem with battery and bought a new one; but even that battery is not getting charged.

AC Adapter looks to be okay ; since laptop works fine with that. Any other thing i need to try?

Really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Shan.

All Replies
  • Hi Shan,

Did you check with known good adapter? This can be an issue with the Adapter port on the motherboard.

Disconnect the battery and use the computer on adapter. Check if the computer works on adapter.

Refer the following link for battery not charging” issue: http://dell.to/ZbIDbk

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• Thanks Rajesh for your prompt reply. I doubt its an Adapter issue. As you mentioned, i disconnected battery and laptop works fine on AC adapter alone. PLus i checked in BIOS and shows AC Adapter. Any other input please?

Thanks again.

• Hi Shan,

To isolate the issue further we need to check with a known good adapter. Connect a known good adapter to the computer and check if the battery charges or else you can try connecting this adapter to a different computer and check if the adapter is charging the battery.

Check the battery meter. The Battery Meter is used to check the Status, Life and Health of the Battery. It is launched using the F3 key.

Also, under battery life ensure the box is unchecked for “Disable battery charging”.

You may also check the status of Battery health under “Battery Health”.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".