How can i fix it? PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable (Inspiron 5110)

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

How can i fix it? PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable (Inspiron 5110)

This question is answered

Dear Sir,

I have purchased Dell Inspiron 5110 in 2011, now when i starting the noteboook, it showing the below message. Due to i need to fix my computer to do my job and try to contact the customer service, Unfortunately,the service number is empty number. Would you please help to solve this problem? Thank you very much for your help, and looking forward to receiving your reply.

Realtek PCIe FE pamily Controller Series V.1.19

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, Check Cable

PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Fllowing steps have been done

1) 'Integrated NIC' is disabled. 

2) Restart my system and keep tapping 'F12' as soon as the Dell logo appears.

Highlight 'Diagnostics' using up/down arrow keys and press enter

After do it, pls refer below error message:-

Error Code: 2000-0145

Validatiom 20888

Msg: Hard Drive 0 - S/N:XXXXXXX, self test didi not complete(I'm not sure should i put full S/N number, so i put XXX )

When i re-start my computer, the error message still <Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key>

Verified Answer
  • Your hard drive has failed - you will need a new one.  Any 2.5" 7 or 9.5 mm SATA notebook drive will work.

Unfortunately, on this model, replacing the hard drive is challenging - it requires removing the system board.

Service manual is here:

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-15r-n5110

All Replies
  • Your hard drive has failed - you will need a new one.  Any 2.5" 7 or 9.5 mm SATA notebook drive will work.

Unfortunately, on this model, replacing the hard drive is challenging - it requires removing the system board.

Service manual is here:

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-15r-n5110

• Dear Sir, thanks for your information and reply, I think i'm not able to replace HD. I'll try to contact the repair center to help. Once again, thanks for ur help.

• im also using N5110 and i have the same problem.. but sometime its working without problems, but sometime it gives above mentioned error massage.when i switch off and switch on few times, it restart normally,, when its gives that error massage my HDD make some big noise.when i checked the laptop using MYDELL utility software it shows all HDD checked passed!! any help for me?