Touchpad Double Click problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Touchpad Double Click problem

This question is not answered

I have had my Inspiron 3520 for two months - have LOVED it. 

This week, however, when I left click on the touchpad either inside a web site or between web sites, it immediately double clicks.  For example, using left click on the "back" button takes me back two web sites.  Using the left click on a photo viewing program takes me back two pictures.  Any suggestions?

All Replies
  • Hi lisa294,

Check the touchpad settings. Ensure the left button is set to “Click” and not “Double Click”

• Click Start.
    • Click Mouse.
    • Then click Dell Touchpad.

Now, Select “Buttons” and Under the Left button set “Click” from the drop down.

Save the changes and check the Left click button on the touchpad.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• Thanks Rajesh,

Yes, the double-click option was the first thing that I checked.  I also tried double-click speed in the unlikely chance that was it.

I had a difficult time even changing the toggles on this page, as it kept double-clicking back to the original default.  It seems worse on the far edge of the key.

• Hi lisa294,

Check the status in Safemode with networking.

Refer the following link which has steps to boot into Safemode with networking:

http://bit.ly/XDksay

Also, run diagnostics on touchpad. Refer the link for steps to run diagnostics:

http://dell.to/12LqMvV

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    Yes".

• Excellent suggestions and great service, however, neither worked.  I am now noticing multi-clicks especially in paged documents inside a textbook software program and inside Adobe.  

• Hi lisa294,

This can be a hardware issue.

Did you run diagnostics on the touch pad?

Does it happen in Safemode as well?

To assist you further, kindly private message the service tag so that I can take the case forward.

To send me a Private Message, click my User name, and then click Start Conversation.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    Yes".