L502X keyboard not working

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

L502X keyboard not working

This question is answered

Hi all,

I have a problem with my L502X laptop. I have bought it as a second hand and had to fix it. I'm afraid that while dismantling the heatsink I have damaged the graphics card. There is a slightly snapped edge on the vga chip. I put it back turn it on and all work except the keyboard. Does anyone think that I have seriously damaged the vga and this the reason why the keyboard is not working? The slot for the keyboard looks good. Cheers

Verified Answer
  • Hi gargy2002,

It appears that the keyboard is not properly installed. The GPU should not impact the keyboard functionality. Please remove and reseat the keyboard and check its functionality. You may refer to the Service Manual for instruction on parts replacement. Please follow the safety guidelines mentioned on the manual. If the issue still persist, you may consider replacing the keyboard.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks & Regards
    Saharsh K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.
All Replies
  • Hi gargy2002,

It appears that the keyboard is not properly installed. The GPU should not impact the keyboard functionality. Please remove and reseat the keyboard and check its functionality. You may refer to the Service Manual for instruction on parts replacement. Please follow the safety guidelines mentioned on the manual. If the issue still persist, you may consider replacing the keyboard.

Please reply with the results.

Thanks & Regards
    Saharsh K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.