Wifi Switch not working - dell inspiron 1525

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Wifi Switch not working - dell inspiron 1525

This question is not answered

The wifi switch at the side of my dell laptop (dell inspiron 1525) is broken therefore I can't switch on my wifi. What's the solution to either fixing the side button or getting the wifi to work another way? 

All Replies
  • Hi Aishooooooo,

Inspiron 1525's wireless switch is located on a separate daughter-board, which is connected internally to bottom base and motherboard. Depending upon the extent of damage, the WiFi Switch and the bottom base of your system might need replacement. You may open the system chassis and try to turn the wireless on with the help of wireless daughter-board. For better understanding, you may refer to the images below :

For disassembly/reassembly of system, you may refer to the service manual Here

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sundeep B
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA;India For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

• thnx alot :)  for ur help :D

• Hi salmatariq,

I am glad you found the information helpful.

Feel free to reach us if you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sundeep B
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA;India For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.