Dell Inspiron N5010 shuts down automatically.

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron N5010 shuts down automatically.

This question is not answered

Hi,

I have Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop, It is shutting down automatically when i start my laptop. Plz help me.

Thanks in advance,

With best Regards,

kiran.

All Replies
  • Hi Kiran,

Please check if the computer is overheating. Check in BIOS if the computer shuts down:

• Power off the computer
    • Restart the computer, tap F2 on the Dell logo
    • Once you are on the BIOS screen, please wait for few minutes and check if the computer shuts down.

I would also recommend you to clean the air vents of the computer:

Below are the steps to clean the air vents:

• Check the vents on the computer to see if they are covered with dust and not allowing heat and air to pass through
    • Turn off the System
    • Unplug the AC Adapter
    • Remove the Battery
    • Use Compressed Air to blow the dust out of the vents

Note: Please use compressed air can. When using compressed air can, use the can according to the directions on the side of the can as you can cause damage to the computer if used incorrectly.

Alternatively, please update the BIOS. The latest version available for this system model is A15. Here is the link http://dell.to/102V5Mk.

Note: Before updating BIOS please ensure that:
    *Battery is 10%> or >10% charged
    *Battery charger should be connected
    *No external devices (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) should be connected.
    *All other programs should be closed and documents saved

Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

• hello sir, 

i am having the same problem since many days. i  cant even start my computer. when i start my computer my computer shows windows 8 logo and loading symbol and suddenly it shut downs it doesnt start and even if i go to bios it stay for max 5 sec and then shuts off automatically.please help i am very stressed...!!!!

• Hi avnair1994,

May I know the exact system model. Please check if the system is overheating.

If the system shuts down in BIOS, it might be a hardware failure.

Please check if you are able to run the diagnostics. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu.

Please share the findings.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

• I am having the same problem with inspiron n5010.  it does not appear to be overheating and it does shut down in BIOS.  it shut down in about 4 minutes in BIOS