Numeric key (10-key number pad) Inspiron 15r N5520

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Numeric key (10-key number pad) Inspiron 15r N5520

This question is not answered

Hi,
I just want to know that i have recently purchased the dell inspiron 15R N5520 at that time there is no 10-key number keyboard option available in this series of laptop but recently i saw the laptop which contains the 10-key number on keypad.
 so is there any option so i can change my keyboard with numeric one(hardware upgrade)??

what will cost if there is any chance????

All Replies
  • Hi vizay.jadhav,

Unfortunately you will not be able to change the keyboard. You might have to use an external keyboard as an alternate option.

Thanks and Regards
    Harish M
    #iworkfordell

To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here
  • Then any chance of exchange of product with new one with extra charge whatever would be...

As when purchaset my unit i am looking for with numeric key one but at that time this kind of machine is not available any where.

And i just want go with dell only rather than others.

Please please please Really appreciate if got  help on this...

• No reply yet waiting

• What do you need the number pad for ? If you need it because you want to enter ASCII -codes via "ALT + numbers" (for instance :"ALT + 92" would give you the backslash) free software "AutoHotkey" could be a simple solution.
    If you really need a real number pad and don't want a big external keyboard a smaller device like that shown in the picture might be another solution (I erased the company logo otherwise it could be seen as advertisement Wink

• @MicroTest first off all thanks for help...

your answer is not useful for me at all...

i am basic user but i need to use NUM keys frequently for my work purpose...

sooo Dell team any other option..

waiting for help from u....

• Hi vizay.jadhav,

Unfortunately there is nothing that we could do other than using an external device.

Thanks and Regards
    Harish M
    #iworkfordell

• This is not expected from DELL....

OMG.. why i purchase this DABBBAAA .... machine?????

• Hi vizay.jadhav,

I am sorry you feel this way. Due to the design limitations the keyboard cannot be upgraded to the one with num pad.

Thanks and Regards
    Harish M
    #iworkfordell