Dell XPS 14 Ultrabook - Restore to factory settings from recovery partition not working

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell XPS 14 Ultrabook - Restore to factory settings from recovery partition not working

This question is not answered

I've upgraded to windows 8 however I have issues on it and would like to get back to windows 7, tried restoring from recovery partition but F8 key does not work. Do you know how I can recover back from factory defaults?

All Replies
  • Hello Sushi_kun,

Once the computer is upgraded to windows 8, the recovery partition is lost due to which PC Restore from F8 is not working. If you have created the recovery disks before upgrading to windows 8, you may use that if available. If not, Clean re-installation of the Operating System is the only way to get windows 7 back on the system. 

Please write back for further queries.  

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

• Oh no, wasnt able to make those recovery disks. Is there anything i could download from dell to have this back to factory default?

• up

• Hello Sushi_kun,

In that case please refer to the article on Requesting Media Online for US customers. 

Please write back for further queries.  

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

• Hi Sushi_kun,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell

• HELLO!

I RECENTLY ACQUIRED A DELL XPS 14 LAPTOP, AND BEEN HAVING SOME SLIGHT PROBLEMS WITH MY GAMING.

ISSUE 1:  I RECENTLY INSTALLED MORTAL KOMBAT KOMPLETE AND NEED FOR SPEED MOSTWANTED (2012). WHEN I START THE GAME AFTER SOME TIME, IT SWITCHES TO WINDOWS AND MINIMIZES THE GAME. EVEN AFTER I'VE RESTORED IT, AFTER SOME TIME THE GAME MINIMIZES AGAIN.

ISSUE 2:  WHEN PLAYING THE MORTAL KOMBAT, IT STARTS TO MOVE SLOWLY AFTER SOME TIME, THEN MINIMIZES BY IT SELF. WHEN I RESTORE THE GAME BACK, IT GAINS ITS NORMAL SPEED AGAIN, THEN AFTER SOME TIME IT START PLAY SLOWLY AGAIN. PLS HELP ME OUT.

• I have same problem and I don't have recovery disk.

Please Advice.

Regards,