Dell Inspiron 9300 - no display, caps lock flashes

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron 9300 - no display, caps lock flashes

This question is answered

Hello to all, firstly if anyone can shed any light on a problem i am having i would be thoroughly grateful.

I have Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop (2005), when i press the power button the screen stays blank, nothing happens and the caps lock light flashes a few times, then the entire system shuts off.

Can anyone help me?

Verified Answer
  • Unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Then remove and reinstall both memory modules.

All Replies
  • Unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Then remove and reinstall both memory modules.

• OK will try that, is there any reason as to what causes this issue ? any more input would be appreciated.....

• It isn't uncommon for memory modules to work loose due to expansion and contraction with thermal cycling, particularly on old systems like this one.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try the memory modules one a time in each socket until you isolate either the bad module (which will need to be replaced) or the bad socket (which is probably an end failure on a model this old - replacing the mainboard likely isn't worth the cost for something that's eight years old).