Dell Inspiron 1525 won't turn on

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Inspiron 1525 won't turn on

This question is not answered
Hi, My Dell Inspiron 1525 has suddenly decided not to turn on. I get up to a Windows Vista screen where it says "Configuring updates stage 3/3" and then it restarts itself again and again. I can't get it to do anything else. Before it wasn't even getting that far and it was restarting itself and giving me the option to launch startup repair which I did. I tried to restore the system but I was told that there were no system restore points. I turned it off and on again and it then started to take me up to the configuring updates page but no further than that and I no longer get the launch startup repair option. I have also been having a problem with the battery where every time I turn it on it says "ac power adapter wattage and type cannot be determined" and then won't charge so I can only run it when plugged in but at the moment I would just like to get it to turn on! Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
All Replies
  • For the issue with the power adapter, try another Dell adapter - if it doesn't solve the problem, the power jack or mainboard needs to be replaced.

The other issue could be a Windows issue -- or a hard drive fault.  To test the hard drive, press F12 at powerup, boot to the Dell diagnostics and run an extended hard drive test.