Dell Inspiron 15r n5520

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Inspiron 15r n5520

This question is answered

I have this laptop I want to ask can I change the motherboard with another one which have a better graphics card??

specs :

core i7 , ram 8GB , H.D 1TB , graphics card - ati radeon hd 7670m 1GB dedicated

Verified Answer
  • Hi Abdo_Egy2100,

The Inspiron 5520/15R is available only with the following integrated and discrete graphics option:

ModelIntegrated GraphicsDiscrete Graphics
    Inspiron 5520
    • Intel HD 3000 Graphics for Sandy Bridge Processors.
    • Intel HD 4000 Graphics with 1 GB video memory for Ivy Bridge Processors.
    AMD Radeon HD 7670M with 1 GB video memory

Dell does not recommend or offer motherboard upgrade but it is as your discretion in case you really wish to go  ahead with it. Warranty per say, issues arising due to the upgrade will not be covered under warranty , however we will continue providing support for other issues and parts.  

Please reply for further clarifications. 

Thanks and Regards,
    Chinmay S
    #iworkfordell 
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/10GaKAc  

All Replies
  • Hi Abdo_Egy2100,

The Inspiron 5520/15R is available only with the following integrated and discrete graphics option:

ModelIntegrated GraphicsDiscrete Graphics
    Inspiron 5520
    • Intel HD 3000 Graphics for Sandy Bridge Processors.
    • Intel HD 4000 Graphics with 1 GB video memory for Ivy Bridge Processors.
    AMD Radeon HD 7670M with 1 GB video memory

Dell does not recommend or offer motherboard upgrade but it is as your discretion in case you really wish to go  ahead with it. Warranty per say, issues arising due to the upgrade will not be covered under warranty , however we will continue providing support for other issues and parts.  

Please reply for further clarifications. 

Thanks and Regards,
    Chinmay S
    #iworkfordell 
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/10GaKAc  

• Since you already have the version with the AMD GPU, there is no upgrade - if you need better video, you need a new notebook.