I have a Dell Latiture E6820 and have just connected a new Dell E-Port Plus II Docking station. Plugged in to the docking station are two monitors, one plugged into DVI Connector 1 and the other plugged into DVI Connector 2. The laptop is running Windows 7 64 bit.
Try as I might, I can not get the system to recognise the second monitor. I have tried the following to get this to work.
- Enabled Optimus (I think that is what it was called in the BIOS) - When I enabled this, neither of the monitors would work via the docking station
- Disabled Optimus - One monitor works
- Attempted to detect the other monitor via Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution (monitor not detected)
- Swapped monitors and cables in case it was a cable or monitor issue. All Cables and Monitors have been verified as working as expected.
- Attempted to connect one monitor via VGA cable. Only one monitor was detected
I am guessing that there is a setting somewhere that I am missing. I have trawled Google for an answer with no success.
If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.
The only way to get two external monitors to work is to disable the internal display - did you do that? You can only drive two simultaneous displays.
I have left the laptop closed when it is in the docking station so the monitor is not in use. Is this sufficient, or is there a setting that I need to enable to disable the monitor when in the docking station?