Inspiron 15 3520 System restore from backup partition?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Inspiron 15 3520 System restore from backup partition?

This question is not answered

Is there a backup partition on the Inspiron 15 3520?  It is running windows 8.  I have not been able to find a way to access any sort of restore option.  Any ideas?

All Replies
  • Hello Oogilily,

In order to assist you further, I would request you to help me understand if you are talking about System Restore (restoring the computer to an earlier date or tome) or PC Restore (taking the computer to its factory image)?

Dell Backup and Recovery Application will replace DataSafe Local 2.x on consumer and vostro platforms and Dell Backup and Recovery Manager (DBRM) on commercial platforms. There are four ways to open the Dell Backup and Recovery Application:

1. Point to the right of the screen and when the charms bar comes up, click 
      Search then type in Dell Backup and Recovery. 
      Click Dell Backup and Recovery.
    2. Press the Windows Start button; click the Dell Backup and Recovery tile.
    3. Right- click on the Start screen, click All Apps and then click 
      the Dell Backup and Recovery tile.
    4. Open the My Dell Support Center tile from the Start screen and 
      click Backup. Click Launch Recovery Tool.

Please refer the following articles for more details:
    -- Dell Backup and Recovery.
    -- How to Restore, Refresh or Reset your Computer.

Please write back for further questions. 

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

• Hi Oogilily,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

• I have a dell inspiron 3520 and need to so a system restore to factory . it came with windows 8 and I cant get to boot options or recovery restore to come up. it just continues to boot into windows

ctrl + f11 dont work, f12 i get bios , f2 bios also. shift + f8 get system test

f8 alone nothing

please help

• Windows 8 restore can be done two ways:

If you have prepared a recovery flash drive or set of DVDs, boot the system from that device (how, depends on the model you have and how it's set up), or

Open the Dell Backup and Recovery utility under Windows and follow the recovery prompts (or make the media described above and follow that process).