BIOS update for Inspiron 1720

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

BIOS update for Inspiron 1720

This question is not answered

Hello,

I am in the process of trying to update my Windows operating system from Vista to Windows 7.   My laptop is an Inspiron 1720 and I keep getting the same error message:  "install update - BIOS version:  Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 AO3; BIOS date: 20070816000000.000000+000"   Can someone please help me with this problem?   It is keeping me from updating my operating system to Windows 7.  Thank you.

All Replies
  • Hi rpgibbonsjr,

Updating the BIOS will also help in fixing this kind of issue. Download the latest version of BIOS using the following link: http://dell.to/RzfkxH

Follow the below mentioned steps to update the BIOS:

1. Ensure to connect the AC Adapter to the computer and the battery charge is above 15%.
    2. Close all the open programs and make sure to save all the data in the computer.
    3. Run the previously downloaded BIOS setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to update the BIOS.
    4. Restart the computer when prompted.

Please post the results.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here