Latitude E5400 Factory Restore

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Latitude E5400 Factory Restore

This question is not answered

Hi, I am tring to Factory Restore my Latitude E5400 . I realise that I will lose all data that is not backed-up. Unfortunately, I lost all of my cds that came with the computer. My question is can I factory restore it without the cd? Or, is there any way I can get another cd. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ben  

All Replies
  • Hi Ben,

Back up data before performing PC restore/Operating system reinstallation.

I have provided a link below for drive savers data backup:

http://bit.ly/o0hMA

Click on the above link and select the options accordingly. They would help you in backing up data.

You can also contact any local technician to back up data.

Follow below steps ( for Windows Vista/7)  to perform PC restore:

• Turn on the computer.
    • As the computer starts, press <F8> on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen. 
    • Note: You must press <F8> before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press <F8> after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.  
    • Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.
    • Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
    • Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
    • In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.
    • Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.
    • Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.
    • When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• Thanks for you reply Rajesh. But I tried all of your steps up until #7 where I click on "Dell Factory Image Restore" . It was just not there. Are there any other options you might recommend?

• Hi Ben,

If a clean installation of operating system was done on the computer, the registry path for the factory image would be lost. The new registry would replace the path when a clean install is done.

Kindly private message the service tag, I would review your account and take the case forward.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".