Dell Core i 3 Laptop Problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Core i 3 Laptop Problem

This question is not answered

I have a Dell Core i 3 n4110 having a problem when switching on it. After switching on the laptop it seems to be frozen even when while refreshing. The cursor starts to blink. No icon or folder does not work with cursor. But the problem temporarily resolved by pressing windows/Alt buttons. I am to do this in every start of the laptop. Could anyone please help in this regard?

I simply hate injustice...

All Replies
  • Hi Mamun Mahmud,

This could probably be a virus issue; however I would request you to perform a diagnostics on your computer just to make sure that there are no hardware issues.

Kindly find the steps below to perform the H/W diagnostics.

Turn the computer off >restart the computer

At the Dell logo screen, start tapping the F12 key a few times until you see the ‘One Time Boot Menu’ appear.

At the one time boot menu, press the down arrow key to highlight ‘Diagnostic’, and then press Enter to begin the PSA diagnostics.
    If the test fails, please make a note of any error codes listed. You can also refer to the link below.

http://dell.to/i5zbDR

Also let me know if you have done any recent changes to your computer.

Thanks and Regards
    Harish M
    #iworkfordell

To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here
  • Hi Mamun Mahmud,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post.

Thanks and Regards
    Harish M
    #iworkfordell

• Hi Harish M,

Many thanks for your answer. But unfortunately I could not perform the hardware diagnostics because, the F12 key seemed not to work by tapping. Does it have any implication? If not or yes, what should I do? If the problem is because of viruses, what antivirus can solve the problem? Could you please answer?

Thanks with regards,

Mamun Mahmud

I simply hate injustice...

• Hi Mamun,

You could try the alternate step to run the Diagnostics on the laptop.

Hold down the <FN> key and press the computer's power button to begin the Dell Diagnostics. The computer automatically runs the Pre-boot System Assessment.

There are lots of antivirus applications available and you could choose any of it to fix the virus issue. If the issue persists you might have to perform a factory restore or an operating system reinstallation.

Thanks and Regards
    Harish M
    #iworkfordell