Dell Inspiron N5110 no display

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron N5110 no display

This question is not answered

Hi, I need help.

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 with i5 processor.  The computer had a strange display problem.  When I start the computer, the power comes on, and the screen briefly comes on and then shuts off.  I tried to use D+power to see if there is any problem.  All the lights and colors are correct and then when the display check up complete, the screen shuts off while the computer starts up.  I connected the computer to an external monitor and it appears everything was normal.  Just to be sure, I reset my BIOS and still nothing happens.  So what is the problem of my display not coming up?

Please help.  Thanks.

T

All Replies
  • Hi Tryandtry,

This could be a faulty LCD or an LCD cable. Kindly provide me the system service tag through a private message so that I can check the system details and advice further.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag so I may check the region/country from where the system was purchased and assist you accordingly. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Thanks and Regards
    Harish M
    #iworkfordell

To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here
  • Sorry, I disagree with you.  If LCD or LCD is faulty, my screen test should show nothing as well.  I am thinking more towards the inverter or the lid close switch.  Do you know where the lid close switch is?

Thanks.

T

• Hi Tryandtry ,

Only few Dell models have a separate part number for the LCD inverter and this model does not have a separate part number ,it is a part of the LCD.

Kindly find the below link which has instructions on LCD panel removal.

http://dell.to/W00moT

Thanks and Regards
    Harish M
    #iworkfordell

• If that is the case, the LCD panel was just replaced, so it should not be the inverter problem then.

Thanks.

• BTW, my computer does not respond to the close lid/shut off.  So could it be the magnet problem?

• Hi Tryandtry,

Kindly provide the system service tag through a private message so that I can check the system details and assist further.

Thanks and Regards
    Harish M
    #iworkfordell

• Hello, I have an Inspiron N5110 also and the screen backlight is off. 

Since the inverter is part of the LCD the problem may be the cable or the same LCD.

How do you know which one is the culprit?