How to replace the CMOS battery in a Dell Studio 15.

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

How to replace the CMOS battery in a Dell Studio 15.

This question is answered

Anyone know what type/kind/model the battery is?

I know they are like the CR2032 batteries.

Is it a good idea to replace it after 2 years?

Hard to find?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • Hi ScubaSeven,

Please refer the Service Manual for 1555 to replace the CMOS battery. Refer Coin cell battery from the left of index to reseat the coin cell battery. If reseating the battery does not help then please change the CMOS battery. 

You can try purchasing the CR2032 Lithium Ion Battery. Or you can purchase it at a nearby local electronics store at a cost effective price.

Please reply for any further help.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click "Yes".

All Replies
  • Hello Scubaseven,

There are quite a few system models in Studio 15 series. Hence in order to assist in a better way, I would request you to help me with the exact system model, for example; Studio 1535, Studio 1558. Help me with the details so that I can assist you with the correct information. 

Please write back to us, would be glad to assist further.  

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USIndia. For Dell support videos click Here.

• Studio 1558.

Thanks.

• Anyone?

• Hi ScubaSeven,

Please refer the Service Manual for 1555 to replace the CMOS battery. Refer Coin cell battery from the left of index to reseat the coin cell battery. If reseating the battery does not help then please change the CMOS battery. 

You can try purchasing the CR2032 Lithium Ion Battery. Or you can purchase it at a nearby local electronics store at a cost effective price.

Please reply for any further help.

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell

• Hello ScubaSeven,

I hope the issue was resolved. For further questions, please feel free to contact us.  

Thanks & Regards
    Allan D
    #iworkfordell