Dell Inspiron N7110 17R HDD problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron N7110 17R HDD problem

This question is answered

Hello and Happy New Year

I am posting this cause i face a problem with my 1year's old laptop with windows 7 which started at December.

All started when i tried to power it on. Instead of Dell's loading bar i got a screen which informed me that files were missing (or something like that, sorry i can't remember exactly) and tried to fix it . After this procedure was done, it entered windows 7 but it was not working as it used to. It was needed a great amount of time to do even the simple tasks for example showing touchpad's right click panel.

So i restarted the laptop and entered safe mode which things were normal. I scanned for viruses with updated mcaffe program which was pre-installed and i also scanned with spybot and antimalware. Nothing came up. Then i tried to go back to a saved restore point but there was none, even though i had created at least 1. So i used  windows' disk clean tool and disk error with both options enabled (auto repair error and scan and restore bad disk sectors) and then restarted the computer. It found some errors and when it restarted i was able to enter windows in normal mode. 

I then used dell's tools to check my system and failed while executing group SMART search at HDD and passed all others. After that i am experiencing some latency using my computer.

Yesterday, i ran dell's check up tools once again and failed while executing group SMART search with the message that HDD needs to be replaced.

Today, i experience the same thing as when the problem came up. When i start the computer up, and after Dell's loading screen, it takes a lot of time to load windows which they finally don't (waited about 30 mins with black screen). I can't even get to safe mode anymore.

Please help me, and thank you for your patience. 

Verified Answer
  • Thanks for the quick response. I will try to enter windows even in safe mode to back up my files.

Thank you again!

All Replies
  • Hi Steve-Greece,

The SMART error message means that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced. Ensure to back-up all important data from the computer, so that the data is not lost.

You can check the warranty status here.

If the computer warranty is active, I request you to private message the system service tag number. To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation.

In case of expired warranty scenario, we would not be able to extend warranty entitled services. If the warranty on the computer has expired, you may contact our Expired Warranty Service  (this is for US based customers).

For any clarifications feel free to contact me

Thanks and regards,
    Madhur B
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

• Thanks for the quick response. I will try to enter windows even in safe mode to back up my files.

Thank you again!