Hardware drivers for Windows 7 home premium 64bit?

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Hardware drivers for Windows 7 home premium 64bit?

This question is not answered

I have a Inspiron 1420 that I recently aquired. It has a OPR853 motherboard

with a Pentium T2390 dual core cpu and it was running an older version of Vista 32bit.  

I picked it up free because it wasn't working correctly so the original owner bought a new laptop.

It is in excellent condition but it had a couple of viruses and some miscellanious malware/spyware

on it which is why it did not work at first. Instead of disinfecting it I formatted the HDD and installed

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .  The problem is I need updated drivers for the mainboard,

touchpad, and chipset but I can't seem to find anywhere. I tried using the available vista drivers from

the Dell website, but they are either incompatible or uninstallable. This machine seems to work very

well with this version of windows, it even boots up in less than 1/3 the time but unfortunately not all the

hardware works correctly because of the missing drivers. I would really appreciate it if someone 

could help me with this problem. 

May God's grace and blessings be on us all in the new year  :-)

All Replies
  • Hi ReBornInSoCal,

I agree that the system is compatible with windows 7 operating system, but the support.dell.com web page is not having the drivers for windows 7 operating system.
    To download the driver for windows 7 operating system for the hardware component, you need to go to the individual hardware manufactures website and download them separately.

You may also try installing the drivers for vista 64 bit drivers in compatibility mode for windows7 .

To install the drivers for windows vista, windows XP, and windows 2000 for Inspiron 1420 check this link: http://bit.ly/TA5PBR

Please reply for any further help.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nikhil D
    #iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here