The Model Number or the TYPE code of Dell - 85 WHr 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery for Dell Studio 1558

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

The Model Number or the TYPE code of Dell - 85 WHr 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery for Dell Studio 1558

This question is answered

Hi All,

Can anyone please help me with the The Model Number or TYPE Code of Dell - 85 WHr 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery for Dell Studio 1558.

My previous battery [Dell - 56 WHr 6-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery for Dell Studio 1558] TYPE Code is WU946.

Please do reply me ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,

Tiju.

Verified Answer
  • Hi Tiju,

The OEM part# for Dell 85 WHr 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery for Dell Studio 15 (1558):

- Manufacturer Part# : RM855 / KM904 / KM905 / PW773 / WU965
    - Dell Part# : 312-0702

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

• Hi,

I have got a mail from from Dell itself with the required battery TYPE.

For Dell Studio 1558, the 9 cell battery TYPE is KM905 and its price is Rs.5500.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Thanks and Regards,

Tiju

All Replies
  • Hi Tiju,

The OEM part# for Dell 85 WHr 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery for Dell Studio 15 (1558):

- Manufacturer Part# : RM855 / KM904 / KM905 / PW773 / WU965
    - Dell Part# : 312-0702

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.

• Hi Appu,

Thanks a lot for the above information.

Your reply surely helped.

Thanks and Regards,

Tiju.

• Hi Tiju,

Glad that you found the information helpful. Do let me know in case you need further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    #iworkfordell

• Hi Appu,

With your information, I tried to contact a Dell Laptop and Accessories provider in Bangalore.

He told me that there is no 9-cell battery that is compatible with Dell Studio 1558 Laptop but only 6 cell battery will be compatible with the same.

So could you kindly verify the same and let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Tiju.

• Hi Tiju,

Thank you for the response. In order to assist you in a better way, I would need some details.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    #iworkfordell

• Hi Tiju,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    #iworkfordell

• Hi,

I have got a mail from from Dell itself with the required battery TYPE.

For Dell Studio 1558, the 9 cell battery TYPE is KM905 and its price is Rs.5500.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Thanks and Regards,

Tiju

• Hi Tiju,

Glad to know the issue is resolved. Do reach out in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    #iworkfordell