Enable Touchpad

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Enable Touchpad

• WOH TO ENABLE TOUCHPAD IN XPS12. THERE IS NO HOT KEY AND DRIVER SHOWS ENABLED BUT IT II NOT WORKING. EVEN NO MOUSE IS SHOWN IN THE SCREE IN LAPTOP MODE. PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

• This isn't a "Customer Care" question, it's a technical question that you should have posted on the Laptop forum, but let's see if I can help since I have XPS12.

When you say "even no mouse is shown in laptop mode", does that mean you don't see any cursor or pointer at all? When I first got the XPS12, the cursor was set to the default which is a very small, all white arrow, which made it very hard for me to see. I eventually changing that to a larger, black arrow which shows up much better.

Go here and download this updated driver for the touchpad. Click "Download file" on that page and select "Single file download" on next screen. Don't use the "Download Manager".

The file is zipped so allow it to auto-unzip itself when you see the prompt from Windows, and it should then automatically run its Setup.exe. Accept the default directory to install the driver files. Reboot when it's done. Does that solve the problem?

BTW: Please don't use all caps when you post on the forum. That means you're screaming at us, and that's not good netiquette. Thanks.

If this answers your question, please click  Yes  

Ron

Forum Member since 2004

I am NOT a Dell employee