Welcome to the Community. This system was shipped with a Dell 1397 Half Mini Card. Below is the link to install it. This is for Windows 7 but should work on Windows 8 as well.
Thank you for such a very fast response, but it doesn't work. Here is a comprehensive statement of the position.
1. Following the explicit instructions (download, unzip, install) leads to the error message: “Error ‘setup.rul318’ has occurred and Setup cannot continue”.
2. Selecting Dell/Drivers/R242648/Setup leads to the error message: “MSI File cannot be found. The Setup application will end”
3. Selecting Dell/Drivers/R242648/Version explains that the driver is only for: “Windows 7 64-bit Home Basic, Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate” but no mention of my Windows 8. It also affirms that it is intended for: “Inspiron - 1764, 1464, 1564;”but no mention of my Inspiron 1546
4. Selecting Dell/Drivers/R223361/Setup64 leads to the error message: “Driver Installation Failed. Could not find the MODEM device for this driver”.
5. Selecting Dell/Drivers/R223361/Version explains that the driver is only for: “Windows 7 64-bit Home Basic, Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, Windows 7 64-bit Professional, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate” but no mention of my Windows 8; and that it is intended for: “Inspiron - 1545, 1318, 1010, INSP1440, 1011, 1110, 1750, 1546, 1470, 1570, Inspiron 1370, 1561, 1761, 1461, 1746;” but no mention of my Inspiron 1546
I need a driver that works explicitly with an Inspiron 1546 running Windows 8. Please can someone help me? It was working fine before I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8.
Sorry that did not work. Unfortunately we do not have a Windows 8 driver for this card on our support site. I have raised this issue with our Product Team. However there is no ETA. The support site will be updated once the driver is made available.