I run the BIOS upgrade / update to the version A13 on my Dell Latitude E6410 and after that I found this problems:
. the bios logo on startup takes about to 10 seconds to load (and sometimes freeze and need to restart the machine)
. the boot menu (F12) takes 4 o 5 minutes to load
. the startup of Windows 7 64bits - SP1 takes more than 1 minute to load and some apps works slowly
. the 2 usb ports on the right side doesnt work after the upgrade
Some idea or solution? Can return to other version of BIOS (I think that the previous version was A08 or A09)?
Thanks in advice!
Best wishes from Argentina,
Thanks for contacting the community.
Please follow the below mentioned steps that might help you:
1) Boot in safe mode and check the functionality of the machine.
2) If system works fine in safe mode then edit start up and then check if the system is booting fast in normal mode, if so, then it can be an issue with some application / Software installed on the system.
3) If it’s not working fine in Safe Mode or Editing Startup doesn’t help Run diagnosis, to run dell diagnostics, Turn on the system, press <F12> at the initial Dell logo screen, and select Diagnostics from the boot menu.
In order to fix the slow booting problem follow the below mentioned steps:
1) Disconnect all external devices that are connected to the machine and reboot to check if any external device is causing the issue.
2) Plug in the devices one by one to check which of the devices is causing the delay.
3) Disable the USB boot option from the BIOS; ensure the hard drive is the 1st boot device.
4) Update latest version of system BIOS from the below mentioned link:
Please reply if you have any further questions.
Thanks & RegardsPrateek K#iworkfordell
Latitude E6410 very slow star tup laggy dell logo . did every thing rest bios for one hour installed new bios unchecked all ports the problem was on USB port pin was short with ground
I follow thats step and solved my problem... I continue withou USB ports on the right side, but now the machine and windows starts perfectly :)
Thank you very much!
Glad to know that.
Please reply me if you need any further help.
Thanks & Regards Prateek K #iworkfordell
Hat the same problem like the thread owner. In my case it was also caused by an USB pin which was short with ground! Thanks and thumbs up for this solution I did not thought about.