Bluetooth -Windows 8 Pro

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Bluetooth -Windows 8 Pro

This question is answered

Hi Guys,  I have an Inspiron 1750 and I upgraded to Win 8 Pro last night (it took me 9 hours) - Now I can't get bluetooth to work.  I read in one post that you need to turn off bluetooth in Win 7 BEFORE upgrading, (too late for me), and I don't want to have to reinstall win 7 then another 10 hrs work!

downloading the drivers for win 7 64bit but they are giving me a compatability issue, and not reverting to Win 7 to accept the driver.

The thing is my keyboard and mouse are bluetooth and they are working, but I can't open settings to link other devices, such as my Speakers.  I have an old bluetooth USB plug in and I tried that, it worked in seconds and I have got my speakers working, but it takes up a USB port and I would prefer to use the Dell one built in.

PLease HELP!   Cool

Verified Answer
  • Hi, I have a Dell Studio XPS 1640, i had the same compatibility issue with windows 8 pro, but i did this:

1) get you properly windows 7 drivers from dell, in general is a exe file (in my case "R226750.exe") that unzip the files in some location.

2) go to "C:\dell\drivers\R226750\R226750\Win64\svcpack", or wherever you unziped it.

3) execute SetupBluetoothDFU.exe, this will flash/reset the firmware

4) the program asks for a  DFU file (it is located in the same folder [LR.dfu])

5) after finished, go to C:\dell\drivers\R226750\R226750\Win64 and execute "Inst.exe"

6) at the end the bluetooth icon appears as usual

I think that the main installer has to choose the right driver version (32b/64b), the trick is to manually choose the right version, and now my bluetooth is on

Hope it helps you :)

• try my solution below, let me know if it works, i have the same laptop and fixed it with windows 7 drivers

All Replies
  • Hi gormacbudes,

Bluetooth devices should work with the built in drivers of Windows 8. Windows 8 for Inspiron 1720 is not officially supported by Dell as the drivers are not available. However, I suggest you to install the Windows 7 drivers using the Windows 7 compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

1. Right-click on the driver installation file and click on ‘Properties’.
    2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.
    3. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

You can download the driver from the following link:
    http://dell.to/U0vTno

You will have to use the USB Bluetooth device, if the driver installation fails to work.

Thanks and Regards,
    Rajath N
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India  . For Dell support videos click here.

• There is no mention of a Inspiron 1750, is it an Inspiron 1720?

For systems with Dell Bluetooth 355, 360, 365, 370, 375 and 380. Use the Bluetooth 380 Driver here: http://ftp1.dell.com/folder00865420m/1/ 

See here for some other advice: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19473458.aspx

Philip Yip

Windows Reinstallation Guide and Related Wikies See here for other wikies such as Customising and Using Windows 8.1, Dell Wireless Cards and Unofficial Drivers.

• Its not working for my laptop ( dell studio xps 1640 ) i installed the above driver and still i cant find the bluetooth driver in my device manager.

i tried to show hidden in device manager but still i cant find my bluetooth device and scan for changes also didnt help much..

before that my laptop was window 7 and everything worked fine. the only problem i upgraded to window 8 is the bluetooth device.. any help? thanks

• After you install the driver natakuc4 has posted you have to enable bluetooth on your computer. Try FN F2

Sam

Alienware M11x R2 - Inspiron 17R (7010) - Inspiron E1505

Forum Member since 2004

"If your issue was resolved, please push the Verified Answer button".

• i tried FN F2 too theres nothing too. normally the turning of bluetooth is with wifi.. and there is no bluetooth icon in my tray icon there.. Tried to turn on the bluetooth and yet there is no way to turn it on.. how am i going to enable my bluetooh adapter? i got the device installed.. thanks

• Hi, I have a Dell Studio XPS 1640, i had the same compatibility issue with windows 8 pro, but i did this:

1) get you properly windows 7 drivers from dell, in general is a exe file (in my case "R226750.exe") that unzip the files in some location.

2) go to "C:\dell\drivers\R226750\R226750\Win64\svcpack", or wherever you unziped it.

3) execute SetupBluetoothDFU.exe, this will flash/reset the firmware

4) the program asks for a  DFU file (it is located in the same folder [LR.dfu])

5) after finished, go to C:\dell\drivers\R226750\R226750\Win64 and execute "Inst.exe"

6) at the end the bluetooth icon appears as usual

I think that the main installer has to choose the right driver version (32b/64b), the trick is to manually choose the right version, and now my bluetooth is on

Hope it helps you :)

• try my solution below, let me know if it works, i have the same laptop and fixed it with windows 7 drivers

• thanks very much buddy, this did it for me, I am soooo  Happy, Merry Christmas! :-)

• Worked!! Thanks a lot Carlostirado.isc   =)

• I did all the steps the right way just as you written dude. but when i execute the "inst" file it says that the setup was interrupted and that i must try sometime later. 

i have the dell studio xps 1640

the help would be appreciated.