Dell Latitude C610 wireless card driver problem

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Latitude C610 wireless card driver problem

This question is answered

I download the driver and when I try to install it there is no setup file. I have used different browsers flash drives when I use my usual one it says it can't download to that location so I use another flash drive I don't get the setup file. I have windows a P3 with XP pro on it. Any help would be apreciated.

Verified Answer
  • Hi irishman1952,

The wireless card will be listed as 'Network Controller' either under 'Network Adapters' or 'Other devices' in 'Device Manager'. Right click on the Network Controller and follow the steps given in the previous post to download the wirelelss card driver.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sujatha K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

All Replies
  • Hi irishman1952,

Yes, you are correct. The given driver does not have installer.

Please follow the below givens steps to update the driver:

1. Go to Start Menu.
    2. Right-click on My Computer.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. The System Properties window will come up.  Click on the Hardware tab.
    5. Click on Device Manager button
    6. The Device Manager window will come up.  Double-click on ‘Network adapters’ item.  The item will expand to show Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card item.
    7. Double-click on the Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card item.
    8. The Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card Properties window will come up.  Click on the Driver tab.
    9. Click on the Update Driver button
    10. The Upgrade Device Driver Wizard window will come up.
    11. Select “Install From a list of specific location (Advanced)” choice
    12. Click Next
    13. Uncheck “Search removable media (floppy, CD-ROM…)”, and check the “Include this location in the search” box
    14. In the dialog box, type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R69905\Drivers or the name of the folder that you unzipped the R69905.exe file to plus \Drivers.
    15. Click Next
    16. Click Finish
    17. Click Close to close the “Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card Properties” window
    18. Close the Device Manager window.
    19. Click OK to close the System Properties window.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sujatha K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

• Trueblue is not there in network adpters.

• All I have is the network card driver no wireless card listed but it is installed.

• Hi irishman1952,

The wireless card will be listed as 'Network Controller' either under 'Network Adapters' or 'Other devices' in 'Device Manager'. Right click on the Network Controller and follow the steps given in the previous post to download the wirelelss card driver.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sujatha K
    #iworkfordell