Intermittent Hard Disk Problems

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Intermittent Hard Disk Problems

This question is not answered

Hello Everyone and thanks for your help in advance.  I am having problems with my Inspiron N5010.  I am having intermittent boot problems where the hard drive is not detected and I receive a PXE boot error.  The laptop is not connected to a network, so the PXE error is simply theBIOS next step after not finding the hard drive.  I then restart the laptop and enter boot options > diagnostics.  When I run diagnostics for only a few seconds, I can then escape out, the hard drive is detected, and the laptop boots correctly.  It will work for a while and then the error will resurface.  The Dell diagnostics, when run fully, detects no errors.  I have also run CHKDSK from Windows and no errors are detected.  I'm really not sure where to go from here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I suggest you try reseating the Hard Drive. Use the below link.

support.dell.com/.../hdd.htm

If that does not help, send me a Private Message, click on my user name, add me as a friend, and send me your Service Tag, Phone Number.

Thank you.