Intermittent Hard Disk Problems

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Intermittent Hard Disk Problems

This question is not answered

Hello Everyone and thanks for your help in advance.  I am having problems with my Inspiron N5010.  I am having intermittent boot problems where the hard drive is not detected and I receive a PXE boot error.  The laptop is not connected to a network, so the PXE error is simply theBIOS next step after not finding the hard drive.  I then restart the laptop and enter boot options > diagnostics.  When I run diagnostics for only a few seconds, I can then escape out, the hard drive is detected, and the laptop boots correctly.  It will work for a while and then the error will resurface.  The Dell diagnostics, when run fully, detects no errors.  I have also run CHKDSK from Windows and no errors are detected.  I'm really not sure where to go from here.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I suggest you try reseating the Hard Drive. Use the below link.

support.dell.com/.../hdd.htm

If that does not help, send me a Private Message, click on my user name, add me as a friend, and send me your Service Tag, Phone Number.

Thank you.