Dell Inspiron n5110 Bios update to solve WIN8 black screen | HELP

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Dell Inspiron n5110 Bios update to solve WIN8 black screen | HELP

This question is not answered

Hi all:

I installed windows 8 to my machine (Dell N5110). it has intel hd graphics. I can install it fine but once i try boot Windows 8 the screen goes black. I have read since then that I must update my BIOS in order to solve this problem. Besides now I've found on dell.com the newest version of the BIOS for Dell Inspiron N5110 and it says "1.FIX WIN8 BLACK SCREEN.", so maybe it's the one and only solution to my problem with W8, but...............

I've already lost a laptop (ACER) by trying to update its BIOS, so I'm a little terrified about that. Should I do it? What are the risks? What should I do before do it or after if it doesn't work? 

This is the update: N5110A11.EXE

Please help me

All Replies
  • Hi Kevin,

You will need to update the BIOS to the latest A11 version to resolve the black screen issue. There are no issues with the BIOS update and it has been tested by the Dell Product Group team with this system model and Windows 8. You may download and install the update from the link below:

http://dell.to/UmY8yD

Note: Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:

• Battery should have 10% charge
    • Adapter should be connected
    • No external devices should be connected.
    • All other programs should be closed and documents saved.

Please reply for any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
    Dell_Abhishek_B
    #IworkforDell
    To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here

• Hi Kevin,

Just wanted to make sure if the system is working well with Windows 8 after updating the BIOS.

Please reply for any further questions.

Thanks & Regards,
    Dell_Abhishek_B
    #IworkforDell
    To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here

• Sorry my friend DELL_Abhishek_B for not replying in time. I've been busy these last days.

The BIOS upgrade was the easiest process I've ever done on my laptop. Totally successful!!!

And just the way it was said on dell.com it fixed the problems with Win8 black screen. Thanks for caring about my problem

• Hi all,

i am so happy to solve win8 black screen problem by updating Dell Inspiron N5110.

• i downloaded bios update, connect to external display, the flash begin and after some sec it freeze and my computer wan't start again

help me plz nothing apear in my laptop

• i am also facing the same problem... what are the risks involved in updating BIOS...

• ..I am also facing the same problem... what are the risks involved in updating BIOS...

Dell INSPIRON n5110..

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz

• ..I am also facing the same problem... what are the risks involved in updating BIOS...

Dell INSPIRON n5110.. previous BIOS version is A09

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 GHz

• there are not risks bro, it was completely successful, just download the update from the dell website

• the operation stop and the monitor is black, my computer just open for 3sec and doesn't work

• i have run BIOS update.after my laptop is struck.Then i turn off and restart machine .then i can see only black screen not show BIOS .how can i recover

help me please

• hello dell team..i am facing the black screen problem while installing windows 8..as above your answers for this problem i can able to understand ..one query is when will i do install that bios file before installing the windows 8 or after?

could you please clarify me the doubt?

• Hi.....Sir.... I am also faced the Black Screen Problem while installing WINDOWS8 in my DELL N5110 laptop..... As you mentioned I downloaded the BIOS and Installed......... Then... I am in dilemmaConfusedConfused whether to install WINDOWS8 or not.... Because If same problem Occurs....Then I will be in serious Problem...... So.... Please help me immediately.............ConfusedConfusedCool

• Hello I am having the same problem, but my bios is AO3 and will not update to the A11, have any help or suggestions?