Windows 8 hangs (freeze)

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Windows 8 hangs (freeze)

This question is not answered
I have Dell Inspiron 15R n5110 laptop.  The problem is about windows 8. Previously there were 2 problems. 

1. The screen gets black and never work except in the basic mode. (This problem was solved after new BIOS)

2. The system freeze (Hang) suddenly and doesn't respond to any thing and I have to shut it down from power button (not solved Till now)

Is there any solution for this problem or any thing I can do to prevent this hang???
All Replies
  • Hi Mohammed Abu Al-Fadl,

I suggest that you run diagnostics on the system to isolate the issue. The following steps will help you in running the diagnostics:

Shut the system down, hold down the 'Fn' key and start the system. This will initiate the diagnostics and checks for all the hardware components on the system. Please wait till the tests are complete and reply back to the post (please make a note of any errors during the test). This will help us identify the issue and provide a faster resolution.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know in case of any queries.

Thanks and regards
    Harish R
    #iworkfordell

• The diagnostic didn't start when I use the mentioned steps !!!

• I have performed the test and there is one error:

Error code: 2000-0511

validation: 29163

Msg: Fan the (processor fan) fan failed to respond correctly

• Where's the response from Dell?

• Hi schong,

Are you facing the same issue as mentioned in the thread above?

If not, please elaborate the issue. Also share the system model and OS installed on it.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
    Saharsh K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA; India. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.