Dell Inspiron N5050: Network Controller Issues

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron N5050: Network Controller Issues

This question is not answered

I have a dell inspiron N5050 that has Windows 7 Home Premium. When I go to Accessories, then System Tools, then System Information, I click on Components then on Problem Devices it tells me that the drivers for the device are not installed.  I have unstalled and reinstalled the drivers several different times, twice through Windows update and twice from the Dell website.  I recently have had warranty work done where my harddrive had to be replaced and I am not sure if the network card may have been unplugged but that couldn't be right because it is being detected by the laptop. It is simply telling me that the drivers are not installed. When I go to check what network controller I have, the Device Manager says it is unknown.

Any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Community. If the hard drive was replaced then the Operating System was probably installed, and must have missed out on installing some drivers or not installed correctly. It is also recommended that you install the drivers in the correct order or some devices may not work properly. Use the below links for help.

www.dell.com/.../ShowFavoriteVideo

support.dell.com/.../document

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you.