Invert my function keys on Windows 8

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Invert my function keys on Windows 8

This question is not answered

If I want to Rename a file I need to press Fn+F2, instead I want to press only F2.

I wan't to invert my function keys on Windows 8. Please help. I'm using Inspiron 14R.

All Replies
  • Hi Eknath

There is a solution available in BIOS. Turn on the system, on dell logo press or tap on F2 key to go to BIOS settings page. Click on “Advanced” > Function Key Behavior.  When you click on [Function Key] there is an option to select Multimedia key and function key. Change it from whatever option is enabled. Then click F10 to save the settings and exit.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sujatha K
    #iworkfordell

Thanks and Regards,
    Sujatha K
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India . For Dell support videos click here.

• Is there any solution from the Control Panel section?

• YES! Or some other user-friendly way. How do I know? Because I did it! Can I remember HOW I did it? No! If anyone know I would love to be reminded as I want to switch back.

J

• The "magic" program you might have once used is QUICKSET - a Dell modified "Windows Utility Center"

As far as I remember press the Windows-key + x-key in Windows 7.In Windows 8 the same key combination gives you a menu to choose from different utilities - among them Windows Utility Center.