Dell/Broadcomm Wireless 370 Bluetooth mini-card - SUPPORTED PROTOCOLS

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

This question is not answered

I do have a problem, with a 2 android based mobiles. when Im trying send any files from them to PC via bluetooth - im gettting information, that devices are unable to connect?! it works just fine, from PC to handsetes.

i didnt have this problem with my Nokia's? it worked both ways!

Manufacturer Technical Support of these unfortunate handets told me, that I have a bluetooth protocol compatibilty issues, and I should save some time and use cable insted... not very supportive. so, Im trying to find out, which protocols are supported by Dell/Broadcomm Wireless 370 Bluetooth mini-card?

procools/services supported by a handsets, given to me by a tech support are as follow:

OneX:

Generic Access Profile (GAP)
Hands-Free Profile (HFP)
Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP)
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
File Transfer Profile (FTP)
Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP)
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)

All Replies
  • Hi pepsigo2pl,

Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth mini-card supports the following protocols:

• Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
    • Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
    • Basic Imaging Profile (BIP)
    • Basic Printing Profile (BPP)
    • Dial-up Networking Profile (DUN)
    • File Transfer Profile (FTP)
    • Hard Copy Replacement Profile (HCRP)
    • Human interface device profile (keyboards, mouse devices, etc.) (HID)
    • Hands-Free Profile (HFR)
    • Headset Profile supported – Hands-Free Profile not supported (HSP)
    • Object Push Profile – client and server (OPP)
    • Personal Area Network (PAN)
    • Service Discovery Profile (SDP)
    • Serial Profile (SPP)

This issue can be caused due to corrupt or outdated drivers as well. I would suggest that you uninstall the Bluetooth drivers and then install the latest version.

To uninstall the drivers, please perform the following steps:

1. Click “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
    2. Click “Manage”.
    3. Click “Device Manager”.
    4. Under “Bluetooth Radios”, you will find the Bluetooth driver listed.
    5. Right click on it and click on “Uninstall”.
    6. Check the box to delete the software.

You can download and install the Bluetooth drivers from the link below:

http://dell.to/Qnizfs

Please open the link, enter the Service Tag of the system and click on ‘Submit’. Select the operating system that you are using to get the compatible drivers for your system. The Bluetooth drivers would be listed under the ‘Network’ category.

Steps to download and install the Bluetooth driver are listed below:

o Click 'Download' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
    o Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
    o Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
    o Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. You can Pause , Stop , or Continue  downloading the items you have selected. Once the download is complete you will have a green check mark. Next is Installation.
    o To start installation, Click Open folder. Double-click a downloaded file to run it.
    o A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
    o In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
    o If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
    o In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
    o A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
    o Restart your computer then try using the Bluetooth.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
    GauravS
    #iworkfordell

• @DELL-Gaurav Sh: many thanks for Your reply. 

drivers which can be found at the given location are well outdated, 4 years old, any other place I could try to download slightly more recent drivers for this Dell/Broadcom 370 mini-card? drivers downloaded from Broadcomm site, wont recognise my minicard?!

until I will manage to find fresh drivers im stuck

• after updating drivers to latest available from dell site - 6.1.0.4402, A06 (R189325.exe) Im still having two unrecognised bluetooth devices...

1st Hardware Id:

Bluetooth Peripheral Device:

BTHENUM\{00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_VID&0002000a_PID&0000

BTHENUM\{00001132-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_LOCALMFG&000f

2nd Hardware Id:

Bluetooth Peripheral Device:

BTHENUM\{00006675-7475-7265-6469-616c62756d70}_VID&0002000a_PID&0000

BTHENUM\{00006675-7475-7265-6469-616c62756d70}_LOCALMFG&000f

no drivers found in the windows\system32 folder nor in the Dell package.

and still, im unable to send files via Bluetooth from handset to PC. even when usisng fsquirt.exe -> receive files.

from PC to Handset - works fine.

Im running on Studio 1536, Vista Home Premium SP2. and Im clueless now...

• Thank you replying. I appreciate your efforts.

You may try downloading and installing the Bluetooth drivers and applications from the following links:

Drivers: http://dell.to/RRYdoY

Application: http://dell.to/RQb6VX

These are not latest versions. However, they should work with your system.

Dell 370 mini card was manufactured by Broadcom, specifically for Dell. Broadcom does not release any drivers for OEM products like this card. However, they have released updated Bluetooth software; you can download the same from the following link:

http://bit.ly/RRMyGz

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I will be glad to help.

Thanks and regards,
    GauravS
    #iworkfordell

• Hi, many thanks for Your support.

Broadcomm drivers wont work on my system, As soon Ive start up the Broadcomm installer, it freezes on the Bluetooth detection - thats when previous drvers are installed. when attempting "clean" install - no drivers installed for Bluetooth device, its not discovering my DW 370 mini-card.

Dell drivers, regardless which drivers I have used and how I have installed them (clean install or by using update drivers) Im still getting 2 unknown Bluetooth devices! face palm!

strangely enough, even with those  two unkown devices not being installed fully. Im able to use Bluetooth to send files to my handsets. in order to receive files via Bluetooth, I have to use fsquirt.exe -> receive file and there is no guarantee that will be sent trough! ARGH!!

Should've stayed with Nokia!!

Im getting this strange feeling, that Im doing something wrong...

any more suggestions? please, keep them coming! cheers!

• right, just a quick update.

Currently have installed DW 370 Drivers 6.1.0.4402, A06 (R189325.exe) and it works just fine.

as soon Im pairing my HTC device, thats when Im getting two Unknown Bluetooth devices.

Drivers are NOT supplied with HTC and it cannot be found in Windows, neither. Still, Im unable to send files from HTC-to-PC. from PC-to-HTC. works fine!

to establish, if its a problem with a handset. I have paired my old Nokia E6 handset. Altough, windows is discovering 4 unrecognised Bluetooth devices. Bluetooth transfer in both directions works just fine!?

is it possible, that those unrecognised Bluetooth devices would be uninstalled Bluetooth Services/Protocols?

Query have been made with HTC Tech Support. Let see, with what ideas they will come up?

• As other devices are able to communicate with the system and send and receive files, the Bluetooth card itself is working fine. The issue seems to be related to the device drivers for the HTC phone.

I would suggest that you wait for a response from HTC support and hope that they are able to provide suitable drivers for the device.

Thanks and regards,
    GauravS
    #iworkfordell