Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 CPU Upgrade

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 CPU Upgrade

This question is not answered

i have a Dell Inspiron 15R N5110

mine has the Core I3-2310M

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/Index?c=us&s=dhs&cs=19&l=en&t=system

i changed out the hdd and put in an ssd and noticed the cpu is removable.

does anyone know what the best cpu i can put in this system is?

there are I7 that are only dual cores arent there?

thanks

All Replies
  • Hi en11gma,

Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 has the following processor options available.

1. i3-2310M

2. i5-2410M

3. i5-2520M

4. i5-2540M

5. i7-2630QM

Different Intel Core i7 processors come with 2, 4 or 6 cores. The i7-2630QM processor compatible with your system is a quad core processor.

Note: Dell does not offer processor or motherboard upgrades after sales, nor does Dell recommend upgrading the processor or motherboard in any given system. Therefore, Dell cannot support systems in which the motherboard or processor has been upgraded through third-party services or products. In case you upgrade the processor, the hardware warranty on the system would be void.

Please reply in case of any further issues. I will be glad to assist.

Thanks and Regards,
    GauravS
    #iworkfordell

• Thank-You for all the information you have provided.

I do have a couple more questions.

01 Are you sure my exact motherboard had the options of the processors you listed above?

I do not have the motherboard that had nvidia gpu along with the intel gpu.

i only have the intel gpu.

02 Would I require a different power supply if i wanted to switch my cpu to the i7-2630QM?

anymore info you could provide would be great.

thanks

• Thank you for response.

For upgrading the processor to i7-2630QM quad core processor, the motherboard would have to be upgraded.

In addition, you would also need a 130 Watt AC adapter with i7 processor.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks and Regards,
    GauravS
    #iworkfordell

• i thought you listed the processors that would work with my motherboard earlier in this post.

could you please list the cpus that have shipped with this motherboard.

i am not worried about voiding my warranty if the actual cpu i can put in has worked with this motherboard before.

as far as the power supply goes i could possibly upgrade it if i needed to but first i would just like to know which cpu's can work with this motherboard.

if you need any info from me just let me know.

thanks

• You should be fine with an i3 or i5 CPU.  Systems that ship with i7s use a different system board and a different power supply -- the i7 will not work other than with systems that ship with an i7 CPU.