Like in title. My Radeon driver is so old (2011) but i can't find update on dell and amd website (it says my hardware is not recognized and I should contact with my computer manufacturer.
How I can update my old drivers?
Radeon HD 6470M
I got the details about the Service Tag of your computer. The drivers available on the support.dell.com and the manufacturer’s website are updated versions. We have exhausted all the possible options for the driver update. The last possible option is to get the motherboard replaced. Please contact technical support at the following link:
Please reply in case you have any further questions.
Thanks and regards,DELL-Chinmay S#IWork4Dell To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go here
I found a 6470M driver hidden on the Dell website, please try this one:
(found at search.dell.com/searchcom_redirect.aspx )
First of all please check the Device Manager to check if there is an issue with graphics card.
Open Device Manager by clicking Start/Windows logo on desktop --> ‘Control Panel' --> ‘System and Maintenance' --> ‘Device Manager'.
Click on arrow in front of ‘Display adaptors’ and see if the graphics card ‘Radeon HD 6470M’ is getting detected there or not.
If the graphics card is getting detected, please double click on the ‘Radeon HD 6470M’.
Click on driver tab and check for the driver version and driver provider.
You can check the image below as an example to see how it will be like:-
If the graphics card is not getting detected, you can update the BIOS of your computer as well.
Note: Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:-
To update the BIOS of your computer, click on link below:-
Select the Operating system and Category: BIOS from the drop down menu.
Click on the latest BIOS version and follow the steps below to download BIOS:-
Keep me posted with the results.
Thanks for answer.
My computer is recognizing my graphic card but amd update utility doesn't.
Here some pictures
PS: Sorry for not english language.
Any solution? I want get driver upgrade because my driver sometimes is crashing and it's old.
Thank you for your quick response.
May I know if you were able to update the BIOS to the latest version?
If you were able to update the BIOS to latest version, you need to uninstall and reinstall the video driver for your computer.
Follow the steps below to uninstall the video drivers completely from your computer:-
• Open Device Manager by clicking Start/Windows logo on desktop --> ‘Control Panel' --> ‘System and Maintenance' --> ‘Device Manager' --> Right click on ‘AMD Radeon HD 6470M’ --> Uninstall it.
• Go to Control panel --> Programs and Features --> Select the AMD Radeon Utility and Uninstall from Control Panel --> Restart your computer.
Once it is uninstalled, click on the link below:
Select the Operating system and Category: ‘Video’ from the drop down menu.
Download driver for ‘Intel HD graphics’ and ‘AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6470’
Install Intel HD graphics driver first, then install the driver for ‘ATI Radeon HD 6470’.
Steps to download drivers:-
• Click 'Download' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
• Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
• Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
• Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. You can Pause , Stop , or Continue downloading the items you have selected. Once the download is complete you will have a green check mark. Next is Installation.
• To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’.
• A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
• In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
• If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
• In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
• A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
• Restart your computer.
If the above ATI video driver does not work, you can also try updating the video drivers from the Manufacturer’s website from:
Click on the link and Click ‘Download’ to run AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool.
Follow the prompts on screen to install the updated drivers.
I updated my BIOS (A09 -> A10) and reinstalled amd drivers.
AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool still giving me error
How can i get newest drivers? Currently version of mine drivers is from 11.may.2011, it's too old.
Since we have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the video drivers for your computer and still you are getting the same error, this can be issue due to corrupt drivers or Operating system. We can restore your computer to default factory settings to get this issue fixed.
Note: Before you proceed with that, we would advise you to take a complete backup of your data (pictures, music, videos, documents) as this step leads to complete data loss.
Before you restore computer to default factory settings, remove all the external peripherals connected to your computer including:
Follow the steps below to restore computer to default factory settings:-
1. Shut down the Computer.
2. Turn on the Computer and start pressing the “F8” Key on the first Dell logo. Keep on pressing the “F8” key on first Dell screen until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
3. Highlight "Repair Your Computer" and hit enter.
4. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.
5. Enter your Password and click ok.
6. On Choose a Recover Tool Window
Select: Dell DataSafe Restore and Emergency Backup
7. You Get:
1. Restore computer and preserve my new or changed files
2 Select other System Backup and more options
8. Select: Select other System Backup and more options
1 Restore my computer
2 Backup Files and folders
Select: Restore my computer..
Confirm the restore and continue..
Select: Factory Image restore
9. Choose Restore without preserving new or changed files and click on Next.
10. Click on Continue.
I am adding you as a friend; please accept my friend request and send me a private message with the system Service Tag so that I can check the system warranty details and help you further.
Please keep me updated with the results.
I Did this, but error still exist. Why Dell can't update this driver? I send to You Service Tag.
Thank You very much for helping me, do you know when driver will be updated?
The drivers on the support.dell.com are tested by Dell product group team and are recommended for Dell systems. The drivers available on AMD website are released by AMD only and are not tested on Dell systems. Dell recommends installing drivers for Dell systems only from support.dell.com, however in case you like to install drivers from AMD website, you can do that as well. Once the motherboard of your computer is replaced, you can update drivers for your video card.
Please reply in case you have further questions.
All of the other answers are either incomplete, wrong, standard answers and/or just complete junk.
I have the same video card (ASUS X54H notebook with an ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6470M), and i also find it difficult to find driver updates for this specific video/graphics card.
However, after searching for the device id and following some suspicious driver scanner url on Google (*) i managed to find a new driver/driver update for the 6470M on ASUS' ftp.
(*): www.driveridentifier.com/.../download.php (The actual download url is embedded in the url just before it prompts you to register/buy the DriverIdentifier junkware.)
The driver is version 8.930.0.0, a lot newer than your current driver version (8.840) and is dated the 5th of December 2011.
It probably doesn't matter that you have a Dell, because the manufacturer doesn't matter, the contents of the driver/video card driver are almost, if not completely the same.
Let me know if the driver worked
Thank you very much for trying to resolve my problem, but driver is not working.
If i try install this driver it's saying 8.840 is actual version and i can't select 8.930.
If i try uninstall my old driver and try to instal 8.930 it is not working (low resolutnion, no Windows Aero etc.)
Do you have other drivers for 6470M?
Thanks again for answer :)
Thank you very much for this driver. It works well :D
Now it's from 2011.December.05. And I see difference in perfromance.
Thanks again :)