Restore Recovery Partition - Vostro 1720 - BIOS A08 - Win7Ult

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Hardware and Software discussion

Restore Recovery Partition - Vostro 1720 - BIOS A08 - Win7Ult

This question is answered

I cannot access my recovery partition. It's there and I did manage to access it somehow once (not sure how), but the process is not repeatable.

When I enter my service tag into support, it tells me to press F8 during the boot process while the blue bar is progressing across the bottom of the screen. Sometimes I get a summary of the system status and the brief opportunity to press F2 for BIOS setup or F12 for boot options, other times my system beeps, but I have only once had the Windows Advanced Boot options dialog.

How do I access this dialog reliably?  I need to restore my system to as new status and I would rather not have to start from scratch.

Any pointers warmly welcomed.

PS (I also get offered the chance to press F2 or F12 during the standard boot process.)

Verified Answer
  • I've come up with some more data:

Pressing F8 while the bar is progressing on the Dell BIOS Flash screen -> Phonix Secure Core (tm) summary

Pressing F8 AFTER Dell BIOS Flash Screen, but BEFORE Windows starts loading -> Advanced Boot Options and "Repair computer" option as desired

Pressing F10 AFTER Dell BIOS Flash Screen, but BEFORE Windows starts loading -> Edit Boot Options

Also possible to access Windows Boot Manager, not sure how I did this.

All Replies
  • Hi,

Welcome to the Community,

To access the recovery partion system needs to go to F8 screen which is the Advanced Boot Option screen.

Try to release flea power,than try tapping F8 on start up (at Dell Logo). To release flea power,turn off system,disconnect AC adapter,remove battery.Press and hold down power button for 30 seconds(without the battery and AC adapter connected). Reconnect the battery,connect the Ac adapter,press power button to turn on the system and start tapping F8 (don't tap it too hard or too fast).

Refer to this link for steps to perform  PC restore: http://dell.to/gB7c4b

Hope this helps,

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

• I've come up with some more data:

Pressing F8 while the bar is progressing on the Dell BIOS Flash screen -> Phonix Secure Core (tm) summary

Pressing F8 AFTER Dell BIOS Flash Screen, but BEFORE Windows starts loading -> Advanced Boot Options and "Repair computer" option as desired

Pressing F10 AFTER Dell BIOS Flash Screen, but BEFORE Windows starts loading -> Edit Boot Options

Also possible to access Windows Boot Manager, not sure how I did this.

• Typo: Phoenix Secure core --^

• I have problem with my computer model DELL OPTIPLEX 330. His view this information before BIOS

Alert! Previous attempts at booting this systems have failed at checkpoint [WRIT]. For help in resolving this problem, please note this checkpoint and content DELL Technical Support. So, what this problem?