Latitude E5500 Backlit Keyboard

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Latitude E5500 Backlit Keyboard

This question is answered

I recently purchased a Backlit Keyboard for a Latitude E5500 (Part Number HT514)
After installing this keyboard I am unable to get the back-light itself to turn on,
I can type on the Keyboard Perfectly,
Just cannot get the "Control Point" Software to recognize that A Backlit keyboard is installed.
Here is a Screenshot of What ControlPoint is showing me.

Verified Answer
  • Hi William Young,

I see that you have purchased the backlit keyboard( P/N HT514) . The laptop model Lattitude E5500 doesnot support backlit keyboard functionality. The motherboard also should have the capability to support backlit keyboard. That is the reason ,even though your keyboard is backlit enabled it doesnot work.

Note :: The keyboard you purchased is compatible with lattitude E6400 and not Lattitude E5500 .

If you have anymore questions please feel free to contact me.

All Replies
  • Hi William Young,

I see that you have purchased the backlit keyboard( P/N HT514) . The laptop model Lattitude E5500 doesnot support backlit keyboard functionality. The motherboard also should have the capability to support backlit keyboard. That is the reason ,even though your keyboard is backlit enabled it doesnot work.

Note :: The keyboard you purchased is compatible with lattitude E6400 and not Lattitude E5500 .

If you have anymore questions please feel free to contact me.

• Thank You Krishna, That helps alot! I was just hoping it would just work Because there are Alot of listings online saying its compatible, Thank you for your help! Have a wonderful day!