heat dissipated from laptop

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

heat dissipated from laptop

This question is not answered

hi everybody ,

i have a proplem with my dell laptop which is the large amount of heat dissipated by the laptop 

and i'm afraid that this can shorten it's life or damage something inside 

it's core is i7 

plz help me as soon as possiple 

thank u 

All Replies
  • eng.fatoom

Welcome to the community.  Core I7 processors do get hot and can generate a good deal of heat especially if turbo boost is enabled.  The system should be able to safely exhaust the heat from the notebook without causing any damage.

I am including a link on how to diagnose a system that may be overheating.

support.dell.com/.../document

Here are some notes on keeping up with maintenance on the system.

You should periodically clean out the cooling vents with a can of compressed air

Be on the look out on Support.dell.com for any BIOS updates that regulate how the fan runs.

Run diagnostics on the system to verify if there are problems with the cooling fan.  Start the system tapping F12 and choose diagnostics. If you get the chance agree to run hardware diagnostics, choose symptom tree and choose the fan test.

Just as long as you keep up on cleaning out the cooling vents,  I suggest using a cooling pad,  and periodically running diagnostics you shouldn't have to worry about heat issues.

If your notebook is having symptoms associated with heat issues please reply back with the model of the notebook and I may be able to help.

TB

(Liaison for Laptops, Mobile Devices)
    Look for me on Twitter and LinkedIn.
    #iwork4Dell
    Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

• tb

i use a cooling pad but it doesnt make any change

the prob;em is that there is a specific  region get hotter more than other which is behind the touch pad

i need to know which part of hardwares is there in order to detect the problem

thank you very much