Wireless network adapter

Laptop

Laptop
Laptop computer Forums (Audio, General Hardware, Video)

Wireless network adapter

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

My computer contained virus, so, I recently re-installed window vista 64 bit on my Dell Studio S1536.  Then I inserted the CD containing driver a Utilities.  Now, the WiFi doesn't work.  When I clicked in the device manager, I didn't see any wireless network adapter.  Would you please let me know how I can fix this issue?  I have a router from AT&T, Motorola NVG510.   Currently, I can access internet via cable.   Thanks.  

All Replies
  • Hi Sara-B,

Welcome to the community.

Well, it appears we need to install the wireless card driver in this case. However in order to provide you the link for the appropriate driver, I would need to check the wireless card that was shipped with the system. You can add me as friend and provide the service tag number of the computer via a private message. After checking the order details, I will let you know the next course of action.

Let me know in case there are any other concerns. Glad to be of assistance.

DELL-Chiranjeev S

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

Thanks & Regards
    Chiranjeev S
    #iwork fordell 
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

• Sara-B,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Thank you for both suggestions.  I clicked the link that Chiranjeev provided and uploaded the driver.  Now I can connect to internet without any cable.  Have a nice day.